Every company has different recruitment and staffing needs. However, there are key essentials that you should make sure your staffing software solution has.
The 5 Key Elements to the Best Staffing Software:
- Front Office and Back Office Integration: Front office should have a streamlined candidate and client management system that integrates with back office reporting. Make sure it offers different features between Temp and Direct Hire. It should keep a general ledger of records from Payroll, Billing, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. It creates an electronic record of the activities it handles.
- One Centralized Platform: Pick a software solution where you can quickly create and post job openings to internal, external, and niche job boards AND social media websites. This will maximize recruiting and sourcing potential.
- Automated Resume Scanning and Parsing: Staffing Software that offers automated resume scanning/parsing can minimize manual labor and search time. Your software should have the capability to load and parse the resumes into the database seamlessly. All of the information can be updated automatically, enhancing database maintenance and organization.
- Integrated CRM: Staffing software should allow employees to manage day-to-day activities like meetings, to-do lists, tracking customer and contact data and setting reminder alarms. CRM empowers front and back office personnel with the ability to lend to the total customer experience.
- Compatibility: This may seem like a no-brainer, but it is extremely important. The staffing software solution that you choose should be able to work with your existing system to streamline the operation. Make sure it has the capability to be “forward compatible”. In the world of technology, nothing stays the same for long. Good staffing software can be adapted to any future changes and trends.
Evaluating staffing software is not easy. It is a huge time commitment, along with business planning and strategy. Once you know the main elements that every good staffing software solution should have, it will be easier to find a software solution that aligns with your business goals.
Megan Curth is the Marketing Coordinator of Automated Business Designs, Inc., software developer of Ultra-Staff staffing software for the staffing and direct hire industry. Ultra-Staff is a staffing software business solution with components for front office, back office and the web. Megan’s email address is email@example.com or for more information on Ultra-Staff go to www.abd.net
Want To Learn More About Assessing Staffing Software?
If you would like to learn more about staffing software, download our FREE Evaluating Software Checklist. This checklist covers all the essentials that you need in order to make your staffing software transition as smooth as possible.