Many recruiting and staffing agencies suffer from one common problem: an absence of an integrated staffing software platform. Recruiters spend their days hindered in administrative busy-work, navigating though redundant practices, and digging through mountains of paperwork. The result? The focus on clients’ needs is slashed. Recruiters spend more time sorting and organizing, and have less time doing what they are hired to do: recruit. All of this increases costs, lengthens processes, decreases productivity and serves as a roadblock to getting highly qualified candidates through the door.
While it may be comforting to think so, we all know that no two job orders are the same. Just like no two clients are the same. As competition rises amongst staffing and recruiting firms, this realization is more important than ever. Don’t let old-fashioned staffing software stand in the way of your staffing agency’s success.
Staffing software is one of the most efficient and technologically advanced ways to manage employees. Here are 5 ways staffing software streamlines business activities, boosting your business’s efficiency:
1. Automates Administrative Tasks: Staffing software automates clerical and bookkeeping tasks that would normally be completed by people. On top of all the functions staffing software is able to perform, it also creates an electronic record of the activities it handles. It reduces the need for file upkeep, administrative paperwork, redundant and inefficient procedures.
2. Centralized Database Platform: Recruiters can maximize placement potential by quickly posting job openings to internal, external, and niche social websites all from one staffing software solution. Automated resume scanning and parsing efficiently finds candidates, minimizing the manual labor and search time. All of the information can be updated and accessed from one location, enhancing database maintenance and organization.
3. Back Office Procedures: Staffing software should offer custom tools for staffing and cost reduction. The primary function of back office staffing software is the production of invoices and paychecks, and should offer different features between Temp and Direct Hire. Good staffing software is usually able to handle time sheets, paychecks, vacation requests and invoices. It should keep a general ledger of records from Payroll, Billing, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
4. CRM: Staffing software should allow employees to manage day-to-day activities like meetings, to-do lists, tracking customer and contact data and setting reminder alarms. CRM empowers front and back office personnel with the ability to lend to the total customer experience.
5. Division of Power: Implementing a staffing software solution that performs these tasks frees up the people who formerly did those responsibilities for other workplace tasks. This is an important way for companies to get ahead, by letting technology help them create more time to address new challenges, changes in the industry trends, or find resolutions to daunting issues affecting the business.
Excellent staffing software delivers first-rate results as well as a noticeable return on investment in a short period. Every company has different recruitment and staffing needs; the software solution that you choose should be able to work with your existing system to streamline the operation. Staffing software enables candidate management and applicant tracking, allowing companies to save time, manpower and money.
Have you integrated staffing software with your business? If so, how has that helped your business improve? Leave a comment and share your story!
Megan Curth is the Marketing Coordinator of Automated Business Designs, Inc., software developer of Ultra-Staff staffing software for the staffing and direct hire industry. Ultra-Staff is a staffing software business solution with components for front office, back office and the web. Megan’s email address is email@example.com. For more information, go to www.abd.net or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.